Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I graduated from Emerson School for the Visual & Performing Arts as an Honors Theatre Major.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How Many Plan To Make $$ of the IPad

When I first heard of the IPad, I didn't understand what's purpose was. There are so many things that you can't do on it, and if you buy it, why not just buy and IPad? Those were my thoughts. They also said that the new addition to technology would save Journalism, I didn't understand that either. I understand that even though there are still alot of book readers, if they want it, why wouldn't they just buy the hard copy. I just couldn't wrap my mind around how it was a good investment, nor how they would make money off of this product. So I searched the web for some answers.

Magazines are making their issues available to purchase for the IPad. These issues would be more user friendly for their readers. They could bookmark, fileshare, and even create virual libraries of their magazines. This is the same trend that newspapers and books will follow as well. Some websites and companies plan to sell applications that promote new products and other updates for their companies. I guess this can work but it's also scary. Will we get to the point where we won't have hard copies of newspapers, magazines, and books faster than we thought??

No comments:

Post a Comment